On our trip to Tagaytay, we also hiked to see the Taal Volcano in Batangas since this is an opportunity for us to visit the place as we are already close to the vicinity. I went there prepared with my hiking outfit, rummaging my closet for cotton top, jogging pants and my most comfortable pair of shoes. I also read blogs of what to expect during the hike and what are the things that I need to prepare before the hike. I am glad I did this, which is also not surprising since I always travel prepared.
Things I prepared before the hike:
1. 1 liter mineral water. Very essential because hiking will get you dehydrated.
2. Wear the most comfortable clothes. Work out clothes would be perfect since this will already be a work out for you.
3. Bring extra clothes and face towel. I did not bring extra clothes but I did bring face towel.
4. Apply sunblock before the hike. By 8 AM, sun is already up and by this time the heat is already harsh so better apply sunblock prior to the hike.
5. Bring hat, sunglasses, jacket or arm sleeve. Never bring an umbrella, its useless because it’s windy up there, it will just be blown away.
6. Wear face mask. The road is dusty and face mask is a must.
From Tagaytay we hired a Tricycle that will take us back and fourth, to and from Talisay, Batangas. Tricycle fee is P500. From there we ride a boat to the Volcano Island. The boat rental is P1,500. For us to save money from boat rental, we joined a group of 3 American tourist so we could share the fee with them, so we ended up paying P300 each. The other fees that we paid are Landing fee of P20.00 and P50 Environmental fee.
The hike took us an hour before we reached the Taal ridge and stopping from time to time to appreciate the view and to catch our breath of course.
If you will see this cross, that means you are already half way through your hike.
My boyfriend looks so cute with his back pack. He was so concerned about me during the hike cause he doesn’t want me to walk on the edge as he fears I might fall.
And so we finally reached the Taal ridge. I did not look at it when we get there because I was so exhausted, so I rest for about 10 minutes and when I decided to look at the lake, I was astounded!
It was windy up there and we just relaxed, felt the breeze on our faces and enjoyed the view before we decided to go back down.
It was an awesome experience. Both me and my boyfriend did not expect that we will conquer Taal hike, and now we are ready to hike more mountains in the future.